Photos by Me
These are a quick and easy snack to make that will appeal to all peanut butter lovers.
They are great with loads of white, milk and or dark chocolate over the top!
You can also make these with Pistachios and Pistachio butter (available at health food shops and Whole Foods).
Peanut Butter Blondies
Makes about 12
- 100g Butter (softened)
- 150g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3tsp Vanilla Paste (or 1.5tsp Extract)
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 75g White Chocolate (I used Toblerone which was yummy!) (plus extra for topping)
- 75g Honey Roast Peanuts (plus extra for topping)
- 60g Peanut Butter drops (you can get these from Reese's)
- 125 Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Milk and Dark Chocolate to decorate (total topping should be around 160g)
- Preheat oven to 170oC.
- Grease and line a 20cm square tin.
- Beat the butter and peanut butter together until creamy, then add the vanilla, sugar and egg. Beat again until pale and fluffy.
- Chop the white chocolate and peanuts and mix this into the batter with the peanut butter drops.
- Sift the flour and baking powder and fold into the mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and smooth out (do not press it down too much though).
- Bake for 40mins or until the top is beginning to golden nicely. It should still be soft in the middle like a brownie.
- Allow to cool in the tin on a rack. Decorate with chopped peanuts, peanut butter drops, and the different types of chocolate (using some chopped, and some melted and drizzled over the top).
- Allow to complete to completely cool before cutting.